Peer Review Policy
iKSP Journal of Innovative Writing strictly follows a peer review process, comprising the following steps:
- All papers submitted to the iJIW are first examined by an Editor for the initial review. The editor in chief may assign an Associate Editors to review the quality and scope of the submitted manuscript. If the article fails to meet the journal criteria, the paper is rejected immediately, and authors are notified.
- Once the paper is submitted, the editor or Associate editor ensures that the paper follows the blind peer review policy.
- If the paper satisfies the criteria, the editor or associate editor will send the article to at least (02) reviewers for review. International reviewers will review each article with a peer review policy.
- Reviewers are recruited from international universities having a PhD with a reputed research profile (checked through Google Scholar and Research Gate) for the given area/ field of the submitted article.
- Each reviewer is initially invited to review the article showing them the article title and abstract only. Upon acceptance of the review request, the full paper is presented, and a review form is used to record their feedback and suggestions through the online management system.
- The reviewers' recommendations will determine whether to “Accept Submission”, “Revision Required”, “Resubmit for Review”, or “Decline Submission”. The Editor makes the final decision based on the reviewers’ report.
- Once the decision has been made, the review response - including the review report and suggestion, is sent to all article authors with the editorial decision.
- For the papers which require only revisions, the Associate or Technical editor will re-review the paper for ensuring that the reviewer’s suggestions have been incorporated or not.
- Papers that require resubmission for review will undergo a second round of review by the same or different reviewers to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
- After final Acceptance, the Author/Corresponding author will be notified, and the paper will be forwarded to the copy-editing team for copy-editing, layout editing and format checking.
- The copy-editing process may take up to ten working days.
The author(s) will be informed about the first decision on their manuscript(s) within 2-3 weeks of submission.
Online First: The article will be published online after receiving the corrected proofs, and later it will be added to the coming issue. If the author(s) finds any mistake in the online published manuscript, they can contact the journal within seven working days for correction; then, no correction will be accepted.